Salt Lake City, UT
Dwelo is bringing home automation to apartment communities. Our software, hardware, and service platform enables the owners and managers of multifamily properties to offer smart homes as an amenity to their residents while simultaneously improving the efficiency of their operations. Dwelo smart apartments are live in over a dozen markets and counting. We are a small team making a lot happen, we are the leaders in this space while taking on some big names, and we are on track for a billion dollar outcome.
The Dwelo crew has been busy pioneering a new industry and it’s catching fire. Last year we doubled our customer base and we are set to do it again. We need an extra set of hands at mission control to help us through take off. Under the direction of the Controller you will satisfy all daily and monthly accounting functions. This means you will be coordinating with every team at Dwelo, ensuring the accurate and timely collection of income, expense and operational data. You will creatively package this data into easily digestible and impactful reports. Regularly, you will apprise Management of information and metrics upon which they will make crucial decisions. And perhaps most importantly, you will assist in building the foundational processes from which Dwelo can grow exponentially. You will be an indispensable part of the team. Join our crew. Dwelo is go for launch.
Outputs and Responsibilities
- Work directly with the Controller and Management to ensure Dwelo’s sound financial health
- Have ownership of all standard accounting functions:
- Post all monthly transactions to the general ledger
- Process payroll
- Prepare month-end adjusting journal entries
- Reconciliation of the general ledger
- Prepare monthly financials including: income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement
- Manage accounts payable through the timely payment of vendors
- Manage invoicing and the timely collection of accounts receivable
- Work with Operations to ensure the accurate and timely management of inventory
- Provide ad hoc reporting as requested by Management
- Assist Controller with special projects (i.e. process improvement, systems implementation, etc.)
We Are Looking for...
- Someone who wants to understand “the why behind everything they do” and who seeks opportunities for amelioration
- Proven communicator who clearly sets task expectations (i.e. nature, timing, participants, etc.) and isn’t afraid to pick up the phone in lieu of sending an email
- Confident in the fundamentals of accounting principles and knows the flow of transactions within an accounting system
- Someone who is at home looking at the trees but who can also analyze the forest
- Not above doing any task performed by any Dwelo employee when the need arises
- Someone who is willing to take on additional and changing responsibilities as Dwelo evolves
- Someone with 1-2 years of experience in general ledger accounting or auditing
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary of $40k-$50k (depending on experience)
- Stock options
- Medical benefits
- Paid holidays
- Unlimited vacation (just get your stuff done, we don't track days off)
- Remote work flexibility
If interested, email your resume and any additional comments to Erik Edwards: firstname.lastname@example.org.